Wednesday, February 12, 2014

About Me /Ingrid Alfaro @ SFSU


 
 
My name is Ingrid and I was born in El Salvador. Moving to San Francisco, CA at the age of thirteen was challenging and difficult; meanwhile the process of learning a new language and culture became a norm of survival. Once I started to adjust to my new life I was fortunate enough to come across the right people who were able to guide me in my journey of pursuing a higher education. While I was in high school I was preparing myself to face the real world. I decided to apply to several universities even though I didn’t know at the time how I was going to be able to pay for it. Coming from a low income family I knew that even though my parents wanted to help me out it was impossible since they were not lucky to have an education; since family responsibilities took over their lives. My parent’s struggle has become my motivation and I am very proud to be the first generation to attend college. My journey has being long and difficult, I have worked hard since I was seventeen to be where I am today. Now as a student and as a mother of a beautiful 6 year old daughter, who has brought more motivation in life to reach my goal on finishing my program in Visual Communications at San Francisco State University; last but not least I am a very mellow and outgoing person who loves painting, listen and dance to reggae music, hip hop, as well as Latin music.

No comments:

Post a Comment