Oh hey, I'm Karley. I'm a Senior at UNL, double majoring in Fine Arts, and Advertising/PR. My emphasis in both fine arts and advertising is graphic design and photography. I've had a passion for both for many years, so I'm hoping that throughout my design career I will be able to do a little bit of each. I've lived in Lincoln, Nebraska for my entire life, and although growing up here has been great I'm ready to move on to someplace new where I can pursue my dream job of being a graphic artist at a record label, designing album artwork, gig posters, t-shirts, taking pictures of bands, etc. Aside from designing things involving music, I also really love watching documentaries. And coincidentally enough I began watching documentaries about food a while ago, before I even knew that I was going to be designing things about it in class. I've watched every single one on Netflix, and it has really opened my eyes to what is happening with our food system, and what I should be putting in my body. As of last year, I decided to become a vegetarian, not only because of the treatment of animals, but for health reasons as well. What I'm looking forward to exploring in this class is the vegan diet, and the impacts it not only has on our health, but on the system of food as well. I'm very excited to continue learning about food, and I'm looking forward to collaborating with all of you cool kids in Cali.Monday, February 10, 2014
About Me
Oh hey, I'm Karley. I'm a Senior at UNL, double majoring in Fine Arts, and Advertising/PR. My emphasis in both fine arts and advertising is graphic design and photography. I've had a passion for both for many years, so I'm hoping that throughout my design career I will be able to do a little bit of each. I've lived in Lincoln, Nebraska for my entire life, and although growing up here has been great I'm ready to move on to someplace new where I can pursue my dream job of being a graphic artist at a record label, designing album artwork, gig posters, t-shirts, taking pictures of bands, etc. Aside from designing things involving music, I also really love watching documentaries. And coincidentally enough I began watching documentaries about food a while ago, before I even knew that I was going to be designing things about it in class. I've watched every single one on Netflix, and it has really opened my eyes to what is happening with our food system, and what I should be putting in my body. As of last year, I decided to become a vegetarian, not only because of the treatment of animals, but for health reasons as well. What I'm looking forward to exploring in this class is the vegan diet, and the impacts it not only has on our health, but on the system of food as well. I'm very excited to continue learning about food, and I'm looking forward to collaborating with all of you cool kids in Cali.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment