Monday, February 17, 2014

My names is Chelsea, I am majoring in Visual Communication Design. I grew up drawing and painting, taking many art classes from a small child and continuing on through high school. After studying Andy Warhol in high school, I knew that I wanted to become a graphic designer. I am very passionate about art history as well and would eventually love to do graphic design work for an art museum or gallery. I get inspired by art and design that I come across on a daily basis. I even become inspired by art done by children, they have such great imaginations! 

One of my favorite quotes is, "If the horse you are drawing looks more like a dog, make it a dog." -Unknown

I am inspired  by my classmates, by architecture, and by fellow graphic designers. Some of my favorite graphic designers that have helped influence my designs are David Carson, Neville Brody, and Steven Heller, to name a few. Art inspires me as well, Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, and Jasper Johns are some of my favorites. 

I would love to merge my love for art history and graphic design together through working for a gallery one day. I also dream of working for Mucca Design in New York. I would love to travel the world, getting inspired by new cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment