Tuesday, February 11, 2014

response

Research and Destroy

While reading "Research and Destroy" not in opposition to Daniel van der Velden's statements but more of they are unrealistic goals for a graphic designer, especially a new designer, to focus on.  I believe designers should be themselves but not at the expense of their livelihood.  While designers should uses there gifts for the greater good we also have to support ourselves.  Our clients and design firms have clear goals and ideas that one may not agree with or they may be trivial and only trying to sell the next best thing but that is how I will make money to support myself.  I could see that down the road if a graphic artist becomes well known or influential they could do there own things but as a designer starting out that would be very difficult to achieve.  

A Republic of Fat

Honestly this article does not really make concerned about our food.  I've known for a while that the food that we produce is not very good for you.  I think the biggest problem is the consumption of large amounts of food.  I myself eat to much but lately I have been cutting back because I was starting to gain weight.  I believe that the reason that we have so much childhood obesity is the over consumption of the food with exercise and better eating habits I think these problems would not be so prominent   

No comments:

Post a Comment