Monday, February 17, 2014

Two Postings

Research & Destroy
Upon reading this piece, I noticed a lot of placed where I agreed as well as opposed. I want to highlight a main point that I think all designers should know. The exchange between client and agency (or in our terms designers) has recently arose with tension, threatening "with extinction". This is due to the fact that "designer and client avoid the confrontation." In the era of more free lancers than you can count, this is a large issue. A client would rather go to a free lance designer with the same skills or better rather than deal with the multiple chains and hoops they have to go through to get to the creative ideas. I love this new finding because I have been doing free lance work for about three years now. This has really inspired me when I read it to start taking on new tasks that I never knew I could grasp hold of. The main take-away from this article is that us as designers need to redesign ourselves to appeal to a target market that we are best at working with. This does not mean stay comfortable in a setting and never leave- explore, yet make a name and creatively craft it.


Omnivore's Dilemma
It is interesting to find that with abundance of one thing, more ideas and new inventions follow. This can be new jobs for making the products, or it can be a health downfall in relation to the new abundance such as diabetes, cancer, or even disease. This article proved points that I thought my grandparents were lying about. The medicine for anything was whiskey and the pain for anything was whiskey. Alcohol was and still is a man/woman's best back-stabbing friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment