Monday, February 10, 2014

Intoduction

My name is Nick Sharon


I am a Senior at UNL majoring in Graphic Design. I love to go backpacking, ride 4-wheelers, fishing. Pretty much anything outdoors. I also love sports especially basketball. I was born and raised here in  the great city of Lincoln, Nebraska. 

Here in the mid-west we are know pretty well for the corn that farmers grow, living here I had the chance to be apart of a summer ritual called "detasseling". For those that don't know what detasseling is, it is when you remove the pollen-producing flowers, the tassel, from the tops of the corn plants and placing them on the ground. This is a form of pollination control. It was hard work and for me it was not worth the money. At the time I didn't really care about that stupid corn! But now that I know more about where corn goes and what it is in, I find it very interesting and mind boggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment