Tuesday, February 11, 2014

About Me

Hi! My name is Judy Chu and I am a design and industry major, focusing on visual communications at San Francisco State University and also minoring in business accounting. Originally I had plans to become an accounting major but had a change in heart when I entered SFSU, where I ended up majoring in vis. comm. instead. But I couldn't allow myself to drop accounting because I enjoy working both sides of my brain and one without the other wouldn't make me feel whole.

Born and raised in San Francisco, I get inspired by the history and culture of the city, which motivates a lot of my work. I was self taught since middle school when the Adobe Photoshop 5.0 came out and since then, I've been surfing the web, taking on mini design requests from strangers, learning as much as I can and taking it to school to be refined. Currently, I am working as a senior graphic designer for SFSU's Cesar Chavez Student Center, which I am very thankful for having because this has come a long way from the days when I designed signatures for strangers.

I have taken this course a year ago and was drawn back to the class because unlike many of the classes I've taken in the past, I feel that I can take the knowledge from this class into a real life work scenario. It's not only about doing a project and leaving it once it's done; we dive deeper and deeper into the subject matter and are encouraged to explore, which becomes a huge motivator.

I look forward to working with everyone at UNL exploring different ideas, concepts and getting a different perspective in regards to food and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment